Friday, May 12, 2017

Oh, Emily

I'm a decent cook.  Sometimes, when I'm making a Plated meal, I feel like a fancy cook.  When I feel like a fancy cook, I like to have a glass of wine while I'm working.

The thing is, I'm not a fancy person.  I'm the kind of person that will keep working on wine until I'm past tipsy.  So that's what I did last night.

I did spin a little, but in no way was the product of my spinning my best yarn.  I recognized this and stopped spinning at about 20 yards.  what I was producing was usable and passable, but not even.
Art Yarn.  I'm not trying to make art yarn over here. 

I also knit for a minute on my never ending color affection.  I was dumb to decide to do a second one.  It's soooo much garter stitch.  I have about an inch of edging left to go and then an eternal bind off.  I should stop being a baby and just do it, but really, who are we kidding, I'd totally rather whine about it.

Thinking about what else I have going.  I have a pretty thing that's lost its way.  A pair of socks.  A ponchette.  A few other things I'd prefer not to think about.  That tank top.

I need to start the baby sweater.  The friend that's having the baby is at about 20 weeks now so it's really time.  So I might need to make a trip to the yarn store.  OH DARN. 

Weekend goals include
  • picking up some decent coffee
  • spin at least one hour every day
  • knit at least one hour every day
  • take a picture of my actual work for this blog.  The messiness of my living room has been preventing this.

2 comments:

  1. You should post pictures of your food, too. When it's 'alicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a touch blurry for flash photography last night. I tripped and fell into 3 glasses of wine.

      Delete

You guys

I finished big scary designation #1.  I'm so happy to be done.  Now I'm knitting a brioche cowl that I just effed up. Tink tink tin...