Sunday, May 28, 2017

Madison, Wisconsin

I love this town.  The past 48 hours have exemplified everything I love about Madison.  Friday night, Husband and I went out for dinner at Monty's Blue Plate.  Monty's is a great choice for vegetarians and vegans, but still offering solid diner foods.  I had the Sheldon, a vegetarian Reuben.  It was delicious and we had great conversation.  We were not even slightly rushed, but the food was a bit delayed, so they comped Husband's meal.  Totally unnecessary, but definitely indicative of their commitment to customer service. 

After dinner, we headed down to State Street to split a pitcher of Spotted Cow at the Union Terrace.  It was a beautiful evening, the crowd was great and the views were spectacular, as always.  The crowd was light which meant we had no trouble getting a table.  We were down there for a few hours, continuing our great conversation and the view, and the weather.

Once we finished our pitcher, we went for a stroll up and down State Street.  State Street/downtown is my favorite part of Madison.  There's generally street performers,  eclectic stores, tons of people. There's amazing people watching.

We headed home and got up early to go enjoy the farmers' market.  The Dane County Farmers' Market is fantastic.  Tons of vendors, tons of people,  more street performers and fantastic shopping.  In the summer, I love to go to the market, pick up something amazing and base a meal around it.  It's hard to go wrong. Anyone heading to our Farmers' Market would do well to pick up a loaf of Spicy Hot Cheese Bread.  There's only one way to proceed with this.  You tear off pieces of it and eat it as you walk around, shopping.

We walked down State with our bread and headed to Collectivo to pick up one of the finest lattes downtown.

After the farmers' market,  I headed to Oregon for a fantastic Italian Soda and a walk with my bestie.  Any time the universe seems wrong, touching base with Sara will surely screw my head on straight.  We had a lovely walk, a fantastic talk and I headed home to rest up for BratFest and Everclear.  I had a Field Roast sausage and an ear of corn before we headed to the mainstage to watch Everclear.  I'm not a huge fan of Everclear, but I did enjoy seeing them play.  They started with my favorite three songs, so I was pretty much set to leave once that was over. The kid was not impressed.

Now, this morning, I'm relaxing, enjoying coffee and thinking of starting my day.  I've been knitting this morning, starting accidental hat v. 2.0.  I'm still struggling with my knitting mojo, but a hat I have to pay attention to might be just the ticket.  Once I have some extra colors on the hat, I will post some progress pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment

You guys

I finished big scary designation #1.  I'm so happy to be done.  Now I'm knitting a brioche cowl that I just effed up. Tink tink tin...